Summer’s here, which means plenty of people will be getting into their cars and heading out on a summer road trip. So, where are the best places to go if you want to get away in your vehicle?
- Well, WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Best & Worst States for Summer Road Trips.
- They judged the 50 states on 33 key metrics for road trips, in areas of costs, safety and activities.
- With all that in mind, New York is th best state for summer road trips, scoring a 59.86 out of 100.
- New York lands at three for both safety and activities, although it isn’t cheap, landing at 38 for cost.
- Louisiana, which ranks third overall, is tops for cost, while Maine, fourth overall, is best for safety and California is best for activities.
Top Ten Best States For Summer Road Trips
- New York
- North Carolina
- On the other end of the spectrum, Rhode Island ranks dead last for summer road trips, scoring a 38.73, and landing in the bottom ten for costs and activities.
Ten Worst States for Summer Road Trips
- Rhode Island
- New Mexico
- New Jersey
Click hereto see where your state falls on the list.