While a lot of people do the best they can to stay healthy, sometimes their environment may be doing things that sabotage them without them even knowing. There's no doubt some areas in the country do a better job at making sure their residents are as healthy as possible, and now a new report reveals which ones are the best out there.
- “U.S. News & World Report” has teamed with the Aetna Foundation for their second annual Healthiest Communities Ranking.
- They evaluated 3,000 communities nationwide across 84 health-related metrics in ten categories, including, Education and Population Health to Infrastructure and Environment.
- Los Alamos County in New Mexico is the healthiest community, the first community to repeat as number one since the list began.
- Los Alamos earns its highest points in categories of Housing, Population Health and Infrastructure.
- Iowa has the most counties represented in the Top 500, with 61 counties making the list.
2021 Top 10 Healthiest Communities
(click herefor the full list)
- Los Alamos County, New Mexico
- Douglas County, Colorado
- Falls Church, Virginia
- Loudoun County, Virginia
- Broomfield County, Colorado
- San Miguel County, Colorado
- Pitkin County, Colorado
- Howard County, Maryland
- Morgan County, Utah
- Routt County, Colorado