National Ice Cream Day came and went as of June 18, but delivery service Instacart has complied data on thousands of ice cream products from all over the U.S. and come up with favorite flavor for every state. The results were a bit surprising – the flavor that was most-loved in more states than any was Moose Tracks, a rich, fudgy ice cream with a vanilla ice cream base, chocolate fudge swirls and peanut butter cups and toppings if you wish. It was the winner in these 12 states:
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
There was a tie for second place withRocky Roadmost popular in Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming andCoffeewhich was the favorite in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.Birthday Cakecame out on top on Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Dakota and Virginia andGreen Teawas the favorite in Alaska, Colorado, Oregon and Washington.
Here were the other favorites:
- Pistachio– Connecticut, New York and New Jersey
- Cherry- Delaware
- Mint Chocolate Chip- Pennsylvania
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip– New Mexico
- Cookie Dough– Maryland, Missouri and Oklahoma
- Rum Raisin– Florida and Georgia
- Rainbow Sherbet– Arkansas, Kansas, Montana and Texas
- Fruity Mango– Hawaii and Washington, D.C.
As you can see, Americans love their ice cream and there are no clear cut winners in this contest!