Considering for most folks their pet is as a member of the family, it makes sense that some people take their four-legged friends into consideration when deciding where to live. Some cities in the U.S. are more pet-friendly than others, and a new report reveals which ones are the best for you and your furbabies.
- WalletHub has just revealed their list of the Most Pet-Friendly Cities in the U.S.
- They looked at 100 of the largest cities across 23 key metrics in areas of budget, health and wellness and outdoor pet friendliness.
- Topping the list as the Most Pet-Friendly City is Scottsdale, Arizona, which scores a 63.28 out of 100, and is number one for pet health and wellness, and three for outdoor pet friendliness, although costs must be high because it lands at 71 in the budget category.
- Las Vegas, Nevada, fourth overall, is tops for outdoor pet friendliness, while Fort Wayne, Indiana tops the list for budget.
Top Ten Pet-Friendly Cities
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Tampa, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Las Vegas, NV
- Birmingham, AL
- St. Louis, MO
- St. Petersburg, FL
- Cincinnati, OH
- San Diego, CA
- New Orleans, LA
- As for the least pet-friendly city, Santa Ana, California earns the “honor,” with a score of just 36.22, coming in at 98 for budget, and pretty low on the list for health and wellness outdoor pet friendliness.
Click hereto see where your city falls on the list.