While searching for a home, you may be looking for an updated kitchen and crown moldings. But the most important thing is still “location, location, location.” Picking the right place to shell out money on a home is important, especially if you think you’ll be selling that home in a few years.
So, what are the hottest real estate areas this year?
- Well, Realtor.com just released their annual list of "America’s Hottest Zip Codes," basing their determination on how quickly properties sell, as well as how frequently homes are viewed in each area.
- The Top 10 markets each have homes that sell, on average, within six days, which is 31 days faster than the rest of the country.
- Zip codes in this year’s Top 10 are selling in three times faster than last year's list, which was 18 days.
- Plus, home viewings in these areas are up 156% from last year.
- Topping the list this year is East Colorado Springs, Colorado (80916), where homes spend an average of only four days on the market, 33 days less than the national median.
- The median listing price is $318,000, up 19.8% from last year.
Top Ten Hottest Zip Codes In The U.S.
- East Colorado Springs, CO (Colorado Springs) (80916)
- West Irondequoit, NY (Rochester) (14617)
- Peabody, MA (Boston) (01960)
- Manchester Proper, NH (Manchester) (03103)
- Brentwood, NC (Raleigh) (27616)
- Lincoln Village, Ohio (Columbus) (43228)
- Milford, Mass. (Worcester) (01757)
- Concord Proper, NH (Concord) (03301)
- Farmington, MI (Detroit) (48336)
- Franklin, TN (Nashville) (37067)