While most Americans hate Mondays, it sounds like many aren’t too keen on Sundays either.
A new YouGov poll finds:
- Sunday scaries is the feeling of anxiety folks get the night before they have to return to work or school.
- 14% of Americans who have work or school obligations admit to experiencing Sunday scaries every week.
- Another 15% say they get them most weeks, while 9% get them once a month.
- Folks in Gen Z (39%) and Millennials (38%) are the most likely to be getting Sunday scaries all or most weeks, while only 28% of Gen X and 15% of Baby Boomers say the same.
Sunday Scaries are particularly prevalent for folks who say they “hate” their jobs.”
- In fact, 27% of those who are hating their job say they get them every week.
- That’s true for only 12% who describe their job as “only okay, but it’s not the worst,” while 9% of those who “like but don’t love: their job get the scaries less often.
- 40% of those who love their job say they “never” have Sunday scaries, but just because you love your gig doesn’t mean all anxiety is gone.
- 13% of people who love their job do admit to having Sunday scaries each week.