Rolling Stones Drummer Charlie Watts Dies At 80
Some sad news in the rock and roll world. Legendary Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts passed away yesterday at the age of 80.Earlier this monththe Stones had announced that Charlie would not be on the band’s upcoming “No Filter” tour in order to recover from a medical procedure. Neither the cause of death nor an association with the procedure were confirmed at press time.
“It is with immense sadness that we announce the death of our beloved Charlie Watts," a statement by the band reads. "He passed away peacefully in a London hospital earlier today surrounded by his family. Charlie was a cherished husband, father and grandfather and also as a member of The Rolling Stones one of the greatest drummers of his generation. We kindly request that the privacy of his family, band members and close friends is respected at this difficult time."
Known by many as one of the greatest drummers of all time, Charlie was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989 as a member of the Rolling Stones. He was also named to the Modern Drummer Hall of Fame in 2006. In 2016 “Rolling Stone” magazine ranked him 12thon the list of their "100 Greatest Drummers of All Time.”
Tom Cruise Makes Surprise Landing In Family's Garden
Can you imagineTom Cruise dropping in? That’s whathappened to a family in the UK. According to Alison Webb, her family was told that their field was needed for an unnamed VIP who was running late. “I thought it would be kind of cool for the kids to see the helicopter land in the garden,” Alison said. “[Tom] basically arrived and got out and it was like, ‘Wow.’”
The “Mission: Impossible” star – who was in the area filming a seventh installment of the franchise – let the kids take a helicopter ride while he attended a meeting nearby. “He went straight over to the children for a chat, and then came over and elbow bumped and said that you very much,” Alison shared.
Calling the experience “surreal,” Alison said, “It turned out to be an incredible day. I still now can’t believe it happened.”
Now You Can Listen To Regé-Jean Read You A Bedtime Story
If you couldn’t get enough of Simon, the Duke of Hastings, on “Bridgerton,” listen up. The actor who played him,Regé-Jean Page, is the latest celeb to collaborate with the Calm meditation app. And you’ll now be able to listen to him read you a bedtime story.Yes, really.
Rege-Jean’s smooth British accent will narrate a 32-minute sleep story, “The Prince and the Naturalist.” According to Calm, the tale is set in Old England and is about “a naturalist and his royal pupil who find that nature is the best teacher.”But does it really even matter what the plot is?The point here is hearing that voice.
The recording is supposed to help us drift off to dreamland, but it may leave listeners getting hot and bothered with flashbacks of the Duke of Hastings seductively licking a spoon. Rege-Jean’s sleep story is available on Calm as of this week and the app even offers a seven-day free trial if you don’t already have an account.
Chris Pratt Is TV's Highest-Paid Star At $1.4M Per Ep
You may know Chris Pratt from “Guardians of the Galaxy,” but he’s doing well for himself on the small screen, too. The actor tops “Variety’s” list of highest-paid TV stars.
Streaming services like Netflix, Apple TV+, Hulu, and HBO Max are shelling out serious big bucks for A-list stars. Pratt is making a whopping $1-point-four-million per episode for the Amazon prime thriller “The Terminal List.”
He’s followed by Jeff Bridges,making $1-million for FX on Hulu’s “The Old Man.” The earnings drop below the millions after that...Bryan Cranston is making $750K for “Your Honor,” while Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis are making up to $750K for the “Sex and the City” sequel “And Just Like That…” Check out the full listHERE.
Nirvana Sued By Baby From “Nevermind” Album Cover
The baby from Nirvana’s infamous “Nevermind” album cover is all grown up… and is now suing the band.Spencer Eldensays he’s the naked baby swimming after a dollar on the 1991 album cover. But considering he was four months old at the time, he says he couldn’t consent to the photo being used for the album art back in the day, and claims his legal guardians didn’t give the band permission, either.
On top of that, Spencer says the band promised to cover up his baby junk with a sticker for the cover, but that it never happened. So, 30 years later, he’s suing Nirvana - as in, its surviving members and Kurt Cobain’s estate – for child sexual exploitation. He wants themeachto cough up at least $150-thousand.
Here's the thing. Back in 2016? Spencer was celebrating the notoriety.In an interview with BoredPanda.com, he not only posed for a recreation of the classic album cover - he wanted to do it 'au nautrel to stay true to the original.' The photographer declined. He was also paid $200, the same amount he said his parents were paid for the original image.
- Spenceralso opened up to "Time" magazine that year.“It’s a trip. Everyone involved in the album has tons and tons of money. I feel like I’m the last little bit of grunge rock,” he offered. “I got a little upset for a bit... I was trying to reach out to these people. I never met anybody. I didn’t get a call or email. I just woke up already being a part of this huge project. It’s pretty difficult—you feel like you’re famous for nothing.”
- ONE MORE THING!You won’t catchDave Grohllistening to the band’s album “In Utero.” In a new excerpt from the 10th anniversary, revised edition of his biography “This Is A Call,” the rocker says listening to “In Utero”makes his “skin crawl.”Calling it a “dark album,” Dave says it’s hard to listen to it because it’s “so real” and “such an accurate representation of the band at the time.”
- Blake Lively Kicks Off Bday Week With "Pantless" Pic:Blake Livelyis kicking off her 34th birthday week “pantless.” She’s shared a selfie on her Instagram story showing off her new Louis Vuitton bag – an early birthday gift – while revealing she grabbed a blanket to do the “towel treatment” so she wouldn’t be pantsless on the ‘gram. Check out more of her birthday postsHERE.
- PETA Wants Doc Antle Probed For Letting Chris Brown's Daughter On Elephant:PETA wants “Tiger King” starDoc Antleinvestigated after he letChris Brown’syoung daughter ride on an elephant. Antle has shared a video of seven-year-oldRoyaltyon the elephant at his Myrtle Beach Safari onInstagram… and PETA says the stunt is irresponsible and dangerous enough towarrant an investigationby the United States Department of Agriculture, who say they’re “looking into it.” Antle doesn’t seem worried, since he tells “TMZ” that “not a thing came of” PETA’s similar complaint about rapperLil Pump’selephant ride.
- Ant Anstead & Renee Zellweger are Insta-Official...Sorta:Ant AnsteadandRenee Zellwegerhave goneInstagram official… sort of. Anstead has posted a selfie with his boo on Instagram, although his HGTV co-hostCristy Leeis in the pic, too, since the post promotes their episode of “Celebrity IOU: Joyride.” For the record, that’s where sparks first flew between Anstead and Zellweger! The episode is now streaming on Discovery+.
- Tony Hawk Selling Skateboards Infused With His Blood:Tony Hawkfans have the chance to own some of his blood –yes, really.The pro skateboarder is sellingboards infused with his blood. It’ll cost you $500 for one of the boards, and only 100 of them are benign made.
- Jeff Lewis Lists Mansion For Nearly $6M: If you’re in the market for a home in the Hollywood Hills, you might be in luck.Jeff Lewisisgetting rid of his. For the low, low price of $5-point-95 million, you can get the “Flipping Out” star’s 39-hundred square-foot modern mansion with views the famed Sunset Strip. Situated behind a gated courtyard, the three-bedroom, three-and-a-half bathroom home features spacious terraces with panoramic city views.