We’ve all heard that it’s recommended that people drink six to eight glasses of water each day to stay hydrated, but it seems for a lot of people, any old water just won’t do.
A new survey finds:
- 66% of Americans have strong feelings when it comes to their water preferences.
- Close to 70% of Americans do think tap water is safe to drink.
- Yet 23% prefer not to drink tap water, and 54% wouldn’t drink tap water anywhere other than their homes.
- The top concerns about tap water include:
- Taste (55%)
- Possible contamination (54%)
- Fear it’s not clean (50%)
- 69% of Americans admit they prefer bottled water to tap water.
- 32% drink bottled water simply because it’s a shopping habit.
- But the pandemic changed that for some people, with 36% of people saying supply shortages stopped them from buying bottled water.
- 37% of those people said that it made them realize they didn’t know why they preferred bottled water over tap water.
- But regardless of what type of water people are drinking, they apparently aren’t drinking enough of it.
- The average person only drinks about 4.5 cups of water a day, although 60% drink about five.
- 55% say they find that they drink less if they don’t have bottled water nearby.