While a lot of people love where they live, there are some areas of the country where people may not feel that way. In fact, they may be downright miserable. Well, now a new report reveals just where those miserable people are.
- 24/7 Tempo has come out with their list of the Most Miserable Cities in the U.S.
- They based their findings on happiness scores of 383 metro areas from Sharecare’s Community Well-Being Index.
- This Index asks residents whether they “feel a sense of purpose, have supportive relationships, are financially secure, satisfied with their community, and are in good physical health.”
- Counties in non-metro areas scored lowest on the wellbeing index, while the South is the area with the most residents feel unhappy.
- According to the report, Pine Bluff, Arkansas is the most miserable city, with a high poverty rate of 26.8%, and a median household income of only $34,732, half of the national average.
Top 10 Most Miserable Cities In The U.S.
(click herefor the complete list)
- Pine Bluffs, AR
- Farmington, NM
- Sumter, SC
- Las Cruces, NM
- McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX
- El Centro, CA
- Hammond, LA
- Brownsville-Harlingen, TX
- Homosassa Springs, FL
- Carbondale-Marion, IL
- As for the city that ranks the highest when it comes to well-being, the San Francisco-Oakland- Hayward area of California tops the list.
Source:24/7 Wall Street