Britney Spears Is Engaged
Britney Spears’ boyfriend Sam Asghari was spotted shopping for rings earlier this month, and now that's lead to an engagement.
“The couple made their long-standing relationship official today and are deeply touched by the support, dedication and love expressed to them,” Sam's talent manager, Brandon Cohen of BAC Talent, tells the "New York Post." “Roman Malayev from NYC is the ring designer. He couldn’t be more happier [sic] to be involved and make this a one-of-a-kind ring.” The Post says Sam popped the question at Britney's home, wth a four-carat ring, that features the inscription "lioness."
Britney confirmed the news on Instagram with a video showing off the ring and writing, "I can’t f**king believe it 💍💍💍💍💍💍❣️!!!!!!" Sam also shared a picture of the ring, but with Brit giving the camera the finger.
Enagement speculatoin began earlier in the weekend when Sam appeared to post a picture of a ring on his Instagram Story, with the inscription “lioness.” He later claimed his account had been hacked, noting it “was photoshopped,” adding, “calm down.”
Source:New York Post
Another MTV VMAs Are In The Books
Another MTV Video Music Awards are in the books and as usual it was quite a night.
The show opened with a pre-taped segment featuring Madonna, who talked about coming to New York 40 years ago for the first time, the same year MTV premiered, adding “we found each other and formed a bond that changed my life.” She entered the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn dressed in a brown trench coat, which she whipped off to reveal her black latex body suit. “And they said we wouldn’t last, but we’re still here mother (bleepers),” she proclaimed, wishing the network a happy anniversary, and then walking off and giving fans a good view of her booty.
As for the winners, the night's big award, Video of the Year, went to Lil Nas X for “Montero (Call Me By Your Name,” with him thanking the “gay agenda” during his speech.Justin Bieberwas also a big winner taking home, Artist of the Year, and Best Pop for “Peaches,” featuringDaniel CaesarandGiveon.It was also averygood night forOliviaRodrigo, who nabbed three honors, Song of the Year for “Driver’s License,” Best New Artist and Push Performance of the Year.Click here for a complete list of this year's winners.
- The evening also featured a celebration of theFoo Fighters,who were honored with the VMA’s first-ever Global Icon Award, which celebrates artists whose legacy continues to “influence, inspire and evolve.” As usual they rocked the house performing a medley that included “Learn To Fly,” “Shame Shame,” and “Everlong.” In his speech,Dave Grohlsaid as a band who’s been around for 26 years, it “feels pretty good” to be honored, and then thanked several famous MTV alumni. He ended his speech by saying, “We’ll see you in 26 years.” (It’s also important to noteTaylorHawkins’ drumkit read “Charlie RIP” in tribute to the late Rolling StonesdrummerCharlie Watts.)
- Doja Cathosted the evening, and made the biggest impression with her outfits, which included something that looked like at patchwork caterpillar, another where she wore a chair on her head, and boots that looked like chicken feet.
Of course, the real reason anyone tunes in to the VMAs is the performances and there certainly were plenty to talk about. Performances included:
- Kicking off the night wasThe Kid LAROIandJustin Bieber, who were lowered from the ceiling on to a fake mountain for their song ‘Stay.”
- Justin, dressed in a baggy sweatshirt and overalls, followed that up with his song “Ghost.”
- Olivia Rodrigowas then also lowered from the ceiling and performed “Good 4 U,” surrounded by dancers in face masks.
- Kacey Musgravesmade her MTV VMA debut, performing “Star-Crossed” surrounded by candles, and a flaming heart.
- Twenty One Pilotsperformed “Saturday,” starting things off with just a simple ukulele before turning the volume up.
- Ed Sheeran, who was added to the show Friday, performed “Shivers,” from the Toyota Stage in Brooklyn Bridge Park, with the Manhattan skyline behind him.
- Lil Nas XandJack Harlowperformed their hit “Industry Baby” and man what a performance it was, complete with marching band, and a prison of hooded male dancers in pink. Lil Nas also performed “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” in a prison shower orgy setting, dressed in glittery tight boxers.
- Camila Cabellotreated the audience to a sultry performance of her latest single “Don’t Go Yet,” surrounded by flamenco-dressed dancers.
- Camila’s beauShawn MendesandTainyhelped say goodbye to summer with the debut performance of their smash hit “Summer of Love.”
- HostDoja Cat, introduced bySimone Biles, kicked off her performance of “Been Like This” suspended in mid air, and then she was brought back down to the stage for “You Right.”
- Chloe, making her first solo performance at the VMAs, performed “Have Mercy,” with lots of twerking and booty shaking.
- Normanitreated the audience to the debut performance of “Wild Side,” which featured an elaborate dance routine and included her giving a lap dance forTeyana Taylor.
- Ozunaperformed “La Funka,” against a giant crane game backdrop, complete with dancing teddy bears.
- On day after the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks,Alicia Keyscelebrated New York, performing her new song “LaLa,” withSwae Leein Liberty State Park, with the Statue of Liberty and the skyline in the background. She ended the performance with her classic “Empire State of Mind.”
- Busta Rhymeswas a surprise addition, performing a medley of his classics including “Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See,” his iconic verse fromA Tribe Called Quest’s“Scenario,” and more.
- Machine Gun Kellyclosed the show performing Papercuts,” alongsideBlink-182drummerTravis Barker, emerging from a dirt grave with his face covered in red branches, and ending the performance in a very rock star way by smashing his guitar.
- MTV also had performances on what they called the “Extended Play Stage,” which includedSaint JHNperforming “Sucks to be You,” and “Trap,”Latto, who performed “Big Energy”, and “Mwop”
Kate Beckinsale Rushed to Hospital
Kate Beckinsale was rushed to the hospital in Las Vegas. According to sources connected to her, her back went out so bad on Friday morning that she needed to get an ambulance.
Kate’s been staying at The Signature at MGM Grand as she films “Prisoner’s Daughter.” While she started off in the emergency room, it’s not clear where she is as of press time.
Source:Fox 5 Las Vegas
Ed Sheeran Brought Taylor Swift To His Pub And Nobody Noticed
If Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift walked into a bar you’d think people would notice, but apparently that’s not necessarily true.
In an interview with Britain’s KISS Breakfast, Ed said he once brought Taylor into his local pub, The Station in Framlingham, Suffolk, and nobody seemed to care.
“I took Taylor there once, but when I took Taylor no one really clocked who it was,” Ed shared, “it was like a week later that the person behind the bar was like, ‘Did you bring Taylor Swift in here last week?'”
Backstreet Boys Cancel Las Vegas Christmas Shows; Postpone Christmas Album
Backstreet Boysand their fans won’t be spending the holidays in Las Vegas as planned.As we told you, back in July Backstreet Boys announced a holiday residency,“A Very Backstreet Christmas Party,” consisting of 12 dates at the Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood. Well, now they’ve canceled the shows, and also postponed plans for a holiday album his year.
In a statement the band says they’ve been working on the Christmas album for the past six months and they are “excited an proud” of the project. They note. "We feel that this is one of our best creations yet and that this creation deserves the best possible scenario and set up for success."
But, they add, "With the current state of the world still limiting our travel and causing small things in these processes to take much longer, we have decided to wait until 2022 to release our Christmas album and subsequently will be canceling our limited Las Vegas run of Christmas shows.”
Report: Phoebe Waller-Bridge to Replace Harrison Ford in Indy 5
The word on the street is that producer Kathleen Kennedy is looking to make big changes to the upcoming Indiana Jones movie, and sources have told "The Mail" that one of those changes could be a change in the movie's lead role.
"Fleabag" star and creator Pheobe Waller-Bridge has been cast in the movie, and insiders are saying she could replace79-year-old Harrison Ford as the lead character. The movie’s been pushed back several times, most recently this summer Ford injured his shoulder shooting a fight scene.
Source: The Mail
Weekend Box Office
As expected “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” easily topped the box office for the second week in a row. This time, the Marvel film brought in $35-point-7 million.
“Malignant” – the other film that opened this weekend – only earned $5-point-5 million and came in third behind “Free Guy.”
Here’s this weekend’s top 10 movies:
- “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” - $35.7 Million
- “Free Guy” - $5.8 Million
- “Malignant” - $5.5 Million
- “Candyman” - $4.9 Million
- “Jungle Cruise” - $2.4 Million
- “Paw Patrol: The Movie” - $2.2 Million
- “Don't Breathe 2” - $1.1 Million
- “The Card Counter” - $1.1 Million
- “Show Me the Father” - $700K
- “Black Widow” - $282K