Stars "Celebrate In America" At 2021 Met Gala
Yesterday, a slew of celebrities returned to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in their very best for fashion’s biggest night, the annual Met Gala. Stars were dressed to the nines according to this year’s theme: “Celebrating in America.”
There were looks honoring different pop culture and historical moments, from Amanda Gorman’s re-workedStatue of Liberty gown by designer Vera Wang,to fellow co-chair Billie Eilish’s stunning Oscar De La Renta gown a-la Marilyn Monroe and Barbie.Naomi Osaka served high-fashion glamour while honoring her Japanese and Haitian heritage, with a custom Louis Vuitton outfit her sister Mari helped design.
Another red carpet highlight? Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck were there, and Bennifer 2.0shared a masked smoochfor the cameras! And speaking of hot couples, Rihanna and A$AP Rocky made a surprise appearance!
- The Met Gala was held a little later than usual this year. Another surprising change to this year’s affair? Kylie Jenner couldn’t make it. A source tells “Page Six” that she decided to skip such a big, public event since she’s preggers.
Kanye West Unfollows Kim K Amid Divorce
Kim Kardashianhas one less follower on Instagram– her current husband. Apparently Kanye West isn’t concerned with his possibly soon-to-be ex-wife’s activities on the app anymore. That means that she’s not one of the 14 accounts he actually follows.
What does this actually mean? We’re not sure. As we told you, the two are currently going through a divorce. However, there have reportedly been talks of them staying together.
With ‘Ye unfollowing Kim, could this mean that the reconciliation talks have broken down?
Jennifer Aniston Comments On Those David Schwimmer Dating Rumors
Jennifer Aniston is finally addressing the rumors of her dating David Schwimmer. To review, the “Friends” stars admitted in their reunion special they’d been crushing on each other during the show. While there were rumors they’d gotten together afterwards, he immediately refuted the story.
Jen, meanwhile, laughed off the rumors during a chat about her current project, “The Morning Show” on Apple TV Plus. “That was bizarre. I could not believe that, actually. Like, really? [Schwimmer is] my brother,” she added.
Still, the actress gets it. She notes, “It just shows you how hopeful people are for fantasies, for dreams to come true.”
Britney Spears’ Team Already Working On Prenup
As we told you, Britney Spears and boyfriend Sam Asghari are engaged. And once the announcement was official, it didn’t take long for people,including actress Octavia Spencer, to recommend Brit get a prenup, and it seems that’s exactly what’s going to happen.
TMZ reports that Britney’s camp is already getting a prenup drafted to protect her reported net worth of about $60 million. And People is reporting similar news, noting her dad Jamie is “already working" on getting a prenuptial agreement in place before they wed.
“Britney is already working on a prenup. She understands that this is necessary," a source tells “People,” noting that even though Jamie is stepping down as conservator he’s finding her a divorce lawyer that handles prenups. The source notes, “Because it involves finances and he's still officially Britney's estate conservator, he is figuring out the details."
- And it doesn’t sound like Sam is fighting the prenup. In a post to his Instagram storyhe wrote, “Thank you for your concern about the prenup,” adding, “Of course we’re getting an ironclad prenup to protect my jeep and shoe collection in case she dumps me one day,” with two laughing until crying emojis.
- ONE MORE THING!Brit shared another post about her happy news, sharing a pic of Sam from “Men’s Health,” and writing,“Words can’t even say how shocked I am 💍 … geez although the a**hole was way overdue 😜 !!!! It was definitely worth the wait ….,” adding, “yes world … that beautiful f**king man in that picture is MINE 😍 !!! I’m so blessed it’s insane 🌹🌹🌹 !!!!”
Dua Lipa Announces “Future Nostalgia” Tour
Dua Lipa is finally getting to take “Future Nostalgia” on the road. The singer just announced dates for her “Future Nostalgia Tour,” featuring special guests Caroline Polachek and Lolo Zouaï, with Megan TheeStallion joining on select dates.
“I’m so thrilled to tour again and see my angels in person! How amazing that we all get to dance and celebrate together once again,”Dua shares. “When I was writing ‘Future Nostalgia,’ I imagined the songs being played in clubs on nights out with your mates. I’m so excited that this fantasy is finally coming true. I can’t wait to experience these songs with you together live!”
The tour kicks off February 9thin Miami, Florida, and includes shows in Boston, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Nashville, Las Vegas and New York’s Madison Square Garden, wrapping April 1stin Vancouver, Canada.
Check out the first few dates below andclick herefor the complete schedule.
- February 9th, 2022: Miami, FL – FTX Arena
- February 11th, 2022: Orlando, FL – Amway Center
- February 12th, 2022: Atlanta, GA – State Farm Arena
- February 14th, 2022: Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena
- February 16th, 2022: Charlotte, NC – Spectrum Center
- February 18th, 2022: Boston, MA – TD Garden
- February 19th, 2022: Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
- February 22nd, 2022: Montreal, QC – Centre Bell
- February 23rd, 2022: Toronto, ON – Scotiabank Arena
- February 25th, 2022: Detroit, MI – Little Caesars Arena
Backstreet Boys AJ McLean On The Band’s Most “Hated” Song
The members of Backstreet Boys don’t necessarily love all of their songs. In fact, in an interview ahead of the MTV VMAs,AJ McLeancalls “If You Want It to Be Good Girl (Get Yourself a Bad Boy)" their most “hated” song.
"That's our least favorite song we've ever recorded," he tells “Billboard” of the track from 1997’s “Backstreet Back.” "We have never sang it live, we will never do it live."
And while some fans may enjoy the song, AJ notes the subject matter just doesn't sit right. He shares, “now we know that it's toxic for 5-year-olds. I have an almost 5-year-old, I don't want that for her.”
Andy Cohen & Erika Jayne Tease Bombshell “RHOBH” Reunion
As if we needed any more proof the upcoming “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” reunion would be a doozy, Andy Cohen and Erika Jayne are teasing the bombs that’ll be dropped. After watching her ongoing marital and legal woes with estranged hubs Tom Girardi play out on the show, Cohen says she’ll “answer everything” during the reunion.
Jayne’s already been put in the hot seat by her castmates throughout the last season, when it comes to her divorce and alleged involvement in Girardi’s embezzlement. As the bankruptcy case rages on in court, Cohen says Jayne won’t hold back on the fraud case, along with Girardi’s reported dementia and alleged affairs.
Taking to his Instagram story during the taping, Cohen checked in on Jayne to ask how she was doing as they took a "makeup break." "It's going wonderful," she quipped with a hint of sarcasm. "Don't you think?"
- Olivia Wilde Shares Teaser For New Film “Don’t Worry Darling”:We’re getting a sneak peek of Olivia Wilde’s upcoming film “Don’t Worry Darling.” The movie stars her real-life boyfriend, singer Harry Styles, alongside his on-screen love interest Florence Pugh. The thriller follows a 1950s housewife with her husband in an experimental utopian community… and she’s worried that there’s something darker behind his seemingly glamorous company. “Don’t Worry Darling” premieres September 23rd. Check out the teaserHERE.
- “Hawkeye” Trailer Drops:The trailer has dropped for “Hawkeye.”Jeremy Renner returns for the latest offering in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, alongside Hailee Steinfeld as his sidekick Kate Bishop. “Hawkeye” hits Disney-Plus on November 24th.Check out the trailer to the right.
- Keegan-Michael Key Joins Timothée Chalamet in “Wonka”:Keegan-Michael Keyhas been added to the cast of “Wonka.” The musical based on the early life of Willy Wonka features Timothée Chalamet in the title role. At this point, both the plot details and Keegan’s role are being kept under wraps.
- Hayley Atwell To Voice Lara Croft In Netflix Anime Series: Hayley Atwell will give Lara Croft a voice in Netflix’s upcoming anime series based on the iconic video game “Tomb Raider.” Atwell is best known for playing Peggy Carter in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and will be the third actress to play Lara Croft on-screen(although this one will just be a voice role)after Alicia Vikander and Angelina Jolie.
- “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series” Renewed:Look forward to more “High School Music: The Musical: The Series.” Disney+ hasrenewed the show for a third season. It follows the Wildcats as they kick off summer break and go to sleepaway camp. Production on season three starts later this year, and will relocate from Salt Lake City, Utah to Los Angeles, California.
- HBO Sets “Succession” Season 3 Premiere Date:HBO has finally revealed when we can expect more “Succession.” The show’s long-awaited third season has beengiven an official premiere dateof October 17th, right on time for the second season finale’s two-year anniversary. “Ambushed by his rebellious son Kendall at the end of Season two, Logan Roy begins Season 3 in a perilous position, scrambling to secure familial, political, and financial alliances,” the logline reads. “Tensions rise as a bitter corporate battle threatens to turn into a family civil war.”
- “Law & Order: SVU” Season 23 Gets Premiere Date: The 23rd season of “Law & Order: SVU” premieres on September 23rdin a two-hour episode that shows Olivia Benson’s life in danger.
- She-Ra Live-Action Series in the Works: “She-Ra” is getting her own live-action series, courtesy of DreamWorks Animation. At this point, it’s in early development and no writer is attached. However, we do know that this will be a stand-alone story and won’t be connected to the 1985 “She-Ra: Princess of Power” animated series.
- Fox Picks Up “Cops” Revival: “Cops” – one of the longest running police shows on TV – got cancelled in the wake ofGeorge Floyd’s murder in 2020. Now it’s making a comeback on Fox Nation, the streaming-video service from Fox News Media. Look for the 33rd season of the show that follows police officers while they do their jobs in various cities around the country to premiere on October 1st. As part of the launch, Fox Nation will offer a free one-year subscription to police, firefighters and emergency responders.