What makes a state happy? Well, that may be different things for different people, but a new report claims to have figured it out, and named the happiest state in the nation.
- WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Happiest States in the U.S.
- They looked at the 50 states across 31 key metrics in areas of emotional and physical well-being, work environment and community and environment.
- Factors include depression rates, income growth, physical health, sleep rates, COVID-19 testing rates and more.
- Topping the list this year is Utah, which scores a 72.94 out of 100, landing on top for work environment, and community and environment, and ninth for emotional and physical well-being.
- New Jersey, ninth overall, is number one for emotional and physical well-being.
Top Ten Happiest States In The U.S.
(click herefor the complete list)
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- New Jersey
- And if the research named a happiest state, there has to be a state that falls at the bottom of the list, and that is West Virginia, which scored a 34.05, coming in second to last for both emotional and physical well-being, and work environment.