Naomi Osaka, Other Stars Make “Time100” List Of Influential People
Congratulations are in order for Naomi Osaka. She made the 2021 Time 100 List, the magazine’s annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world, for the second year in a row.
While Naomi didn’t make a cover, fellow Olympian Simone Biles did. Another cover has Kate Winslet on it, and others feature Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex; singer-songwriter Billie Eilish, director-general of the World Trade Organization Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; CEO of NVIDIA Jensen Huang; and writer Cathy Park Hong.
The “TIME100” also includes guest contributors writing about the list members. For instance,Paris Hilton did the write-up on Britney Spears, while Julie Andrews shared her thoughts on Shonda Rhimes. Other contributors include Stacy Abrams, Alicia Keys, José Andrés, and Kid Cudi. They wrote about NK Jemisin,Angélique Kidjo, Prince Harry and Meghan, and Lil Nas X, respectively.
- You can see the whole list HERE. And for the second year in a row, TIME is teaming up with ABC to air “TIME100” on Monday.
Octavia Spencer Apologizes To Britney Spears For Prenup Joke
Octavia Spencerwas one of the many people calling for Britney Spears to get a prenupwhen she announced her engagement to Sam Asghari over the weekend. While she meant it as a joke, the comment went viral. Now Octavia isapologizing.
“My intention was to make them laugh not cause pain,” the actress said. “I’ve reached out to this lovely couple privately to apologize and now want to restore just a smidge of happiness they were robbed of.”
Sherri Shepherd, Tracie Thoms, and Tami Roman were among those who knew she was joking, but commended her for being classy enough to apologize. Sam actually found his way into the comments to say, “You are very kind to clarify but I have no hard feelings whatsoever. Jokes and misconceptions come with the territory.”
Julianne Hough Apologizes For Blackface Amid Criticism Over New CBS Show
Julianne Hough has apologized for using blackface for her 2013 Halloween costume. The star’s new CBS show “The Activist” has beentaking heat online, called “tone-deaf” and “promoting pseudo-activism over real activism.”
The controversy brought back up her 2013 Halloween costume, where she used blackface to dress up as Uzo Aduba’s character Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren from “Orange Is The New Black.” Taking to Instagram, Hough has apologized for the costume and called it a “poor choice based on [her] white privilege” that she “regrets to this day.” Hough says she signed on for “The Activist” because she wants to “educate, mobilize and inspire people,” admitting she has her own work to do.
“I am still listening because this is a messy and uncomfortable conversation, and I’m committed to being here for all of it,” she adds. “I do not claim to be an activist and wholeheartedly agree that the judging aspect of the show missed the mark and furthermore, that I am not qualified to act as a judge.”
“Ted Lasso” Dominates Television Critics Association Awards
“Ted Lasso” was a bigwinner at the Television Critics Association Awards. The Apple TV Plus comedy picked up three honors – Outstanding New Program, Outstanding Achievement in Comedy, and Program of the Year.
Other winners included Michaela Coel, who won the Individual Achievement in Drama honor as the creator, writer, and executive producer of “I May Destroy You;” and Kate Winslet, whose work in “Mare of Easttown” earned her an Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries, or Specials award.
Special honors went to “The Golden Girls” and Jean Smart, who were recognized with the Heritage Award and the Career Achievement Award, respectively. See a complete list of winnersHERE.
Tarek El Moussa Breaks Silence About On-Set Blowout With Ex Christina Haack
Tarek El Moussa is finally talking about his on-set blowout with ex and HGTV co-star Christina Haack.As you may recall,they took a breather from “Flip or Flop” after allegedly getting into a heated fight on set over the summer.
Speaking to “E!’s Daily Pop,” El Moussa confirms they had some “choice words” for each other – which he notes came from “both sides.” El Moussa says “it can be stressful working with an ex,” but at the end of the day they’re longtime co-workers and dedicated co-parents. The spat “sucked for everyone involved,” so El Moussa says he's learned from it and “never wants to go through that again.”
“I never want to go through that again, I never want her to go through that again,” he adds. “I know one day our kids are going to be older and I want them to know that we still care about each other and we still support each other, and it’s really important to me.”Check out a clip to the right.
- One more thing!Apparently, all is cordial between Haack and El Moussa’s fiancée Heather Rae Young,who he says is a “rockstar stepmom.” In fact, he’s open to having more kids with her, which is something they’ve been talking about.
- Trailer Drops For Steve Spielberg’s “West Side Story” Remake: We’re getting an official look at Steven Spielberg’s upcoming remake of the classic musical “West Side Story.” The trailer has dropped for the remake, featuring breakout star Rachel Zegler as Maria and Ansel Elgort as Tony. Set in 50s New York City, the movie also stars Rita Moreno, who famously played Anita in the original 1961 film. “West Side Story” hits theaters December 10th.Check out the trailer to the right.
- Jackie Chan Starts Shooting Next MovieJackie Chanisworking on his next movie. He’s reportedly started shooting a martial arts-based comedy about a man and his horse, “Ride On.” Chan has kept himself busy despite the pandemic, churning out a movie a year since 2019 –although they haven’t all been hits.“Ride On” is scheduled for release in 2022.
- Remake of “The Bodyguard” in the Works: Whitney Houston’s iconic film is about to be reimagined by Matthew López. The Tony-nominated playwright will write the script, which will be inspired by the 1992 film staring Whitney and Kevin Costner. At this point, no one has been cast, but everyone from Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson to Channing Tatum and Cardi B are under consideration.