Britney Spears' Father Suspended As Her Conservator
Britney Spears finally got her wish yesterday – a judge removed her father Jamie Spears as her conservator.
After 13 years controlling his daughter, Jamie has officially been suspended as her conservator, with CPA John Zabel named as temporary conservator until December 31st. In addition to losing his gig, Jamie must now turn over all books and records pertaining to the arrangement.
During yesterday’s hearing, Jamie’s lawyer argued to end the conservatorship immediately, while Britney’s lawyers wanted it to wind down between 30 to 45 days from now.
The next hearing on the issue is set for November 12th, which could see the end of the conservatorship completely.
- As for how Britney reacted to the news, a source tells theNew York Post she "burst into tears." "For the longest time, she had begun to think that she would never see the day that her father’s domineering control over every single aspect of her life would end, but it finally happened," says the insider. "She’s in shock and at a loss for words but literally jumping for joy. She hasn’t felt joy like this in 13 years.”
- Britney later took to Instagram to share video of her flying a plane, but the first line of the caption likely alludes to what went down yesterday. She writes, "On cloud 9 right now 🤩☁️✈️ !!!!," before adding, "First time flying a plane and first time in a prop plane ✈️ !!! Geez I was scared 😳 🙄 !!! Pssss bringing the ship 🛳 home, JL ... Stay classy beautiful people !!!! New pics coming soon 📷😉✨ !!!@
Katie Couric Comes For EVERYONE In Upcoming Memoir
Katie Couric doesn’t mince any words in her upcoming memoir “Going There.” Couric gives her blunt takes on her former TV colleagues, ex-boyfriends, and A-list celebs in the book, which hits shelves in late October. According to the “Daily Mail,” Couric goes for just about everyone in the book – so much so, that they suggest it should be called “Burning Bridges by Catty Couric.”
Couric admits she gave Ashleigh Banfield the cold shoulder early in her career, saying helping her would’ve been “self-sabotage.” When she eventually hit the big time switching from “TODAY” to hosting the evening news on CBS,” Couric says she felt “like Hillary Clinton” amid “internal sabotage.”
Couric goes into brutal detail about several big names, including Prince Harry, Deborah Norville, Martha Stewart, Joan Rivers –and Larry King, who she says “lunged” for her after a dinner date. She doesn’t shy away from Jeffrey Epstein, either, remembering the infamous 2020 dinner at the convicted sex offender’s “creepy” New York mansion, which Prince Andrew, Chelsea Handler, Woody Allen, Charlie Rose and more also attended.
Adele Fans Think New Music Is Coming This Week
Adele fans are anxiously awaiting new music, and some think it’s coming as early as this week.
The speculation started after radio host Mauler from “The Morning Hot Tub” and “Stingray Hit List Countdown” tweeted "New Adele. This week,” although he quickly deleted the post.
Then the Billboard Charts’ Twitter account shared info on Adele’s hits over the years, with fans once again took it as a clue, with one person posting, “"SHE IS F---ING COMING I FEEL IT.”
So far Adele hasn’t commented on the rumors.
“The Masked Singer” Recap
Season 6 of “The Masked Singer” is in full swing. Your host Nick Cannon is back, along with celeb judges Nicole Scherzinger, Robin Thicke, Jenny McCarthy and Ken Jeong.
If you missed it, make sure to check out our recap of the two-night premiereHERE.Last night, we were introduced to a new batch of masked celebs in Group B, disguised as Queen of Hearts, Mallard, Cupcake, Dalmatian,and the season’s first two-person costume Banana Split. Here’s what happened:
- First up was Queen Of Hearts, who sang “Born This Way” byLady Gaga.This week, every contestant revealed their strengths and weaknesses. Queen of Hearts’ strength is “pulling heartstrings,” and her weakness is “standing still.” The judges thought she could be a few different singers, like Britney Spears, Carrie Underwood, Fergie and Kellie Pickler,and they also guessed Renee Zellweger and Faith Hill.
- Cupcake brought on a “Heatwave” with the song by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas. Her strength? That she “can’t hide emotions,” but she loves some “air time.” The judges’ guesses were all over the place, from Whoopi Goldberg, to RuPaul, Jennifer Holliday, Roberta Flack, Leslie Jones,and Tina Turner.
- The judges think Banana Split could be a seasoned stage duo. Banana Split performed a duet of “A Million Dreams” byPink…and hinted that they “don’t work together all the time.” Their strength? “Finding their marks.” And their weakness is that they “attract mice.” The judges guessed couples past and present like J.Lo and Marc Anthony, Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow, Katharine McPhee and David Foster, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw,and Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling.
- Dalmatian got the crowd on their feet with “Beautiful” bySnoop Dogg featuring Pharrell Williams.His clue package had a lot of football imagery, and revealed that he’s “always wanted to be in the big leagues” after feeling like an “underdog.” The judges thought he could be Kevin Hart, Nelly,or Reggie Bush.
- Mallard put on a show with “Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)” by Big & Rich.His strength? “Minding my own business.” And weakness? “Counting Bills.” The panel thought he could be a few different country stars, like Billy Ray Cyrus, Garth Brooks, Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson and Dierks Bentley.
In the end, it was Dalmation who got the boot. None of the judges got Golden Ear points, because all their guesses were off the mark. Dalmatian was unmasked and revealed to be…Tyga!
When asked why he wanted to do the show, Tyga said his mind was made up after he saw Lil Wayne compete. Don’t miss “The Masked Singer,” airing Wednesdays at 8pm ET on FOX!
Ellen Pompeo & Patrick Dempsey Recall “Horrible” Musical Episode Of “Grey’s Anatomy”
Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey reminisce on “Grey’s Anatomy” on the latest episode of Pompeo’s podcast “Tell Me.” The former onscreen couple recalls the “horrible” musical episode of the medical drama, season seven’s “Song Beneath The Song.”
Pompeo remembers telling producers that she “can’t sing,” unlike their co-stars Sara Ramrez, Chandra Wilson and Kevin McKidd. But she didn’t want to “chicken out,” she was “all in”... just, as a “terrible singer.” Dempsey, however, went ahead and “chickened out completely.”
"Remember we did that horrible musical number — I mean sorry to disrespect who wrote it — but I mean that musical, we were horrified,” Pompeo says. “It was completely ridiculous, I haven't seen it again.”
- ONE MORE THING! Isaiah Washingtonsays he nearly played the part of Dr. Derek “McDreamy” Shepherd on the hit ABC show… except Pompeo apparently didn’t want him as her love interest. In an excerpt from the new book “How To Save A Life: The Inside Story of Grey’s Anatomy,” Washington says creator Shonda Rhimes thought it’d be a great idea for him to represent a brain surgeon who “looked like Dr. Ben Carson,” but there was a “rumor” that Pompeodidn’t want him as her love interestsince “she had a black boyfriend.” “The context is that she’s not into white men,” he adds. “I guess she implied that her boyfriend may have had a problem with her doing love scenes with me, so she felt uncomfortable. I supported her with that.”