Nobody wants to live in an area that isn’t safe, and when picking a neighborhood, safety is probably one of the most important things on a family’s must-have list. It’s no secret that some areas of the country are safer than others, but which ones are the safest out there?
- WalletHub has come out with their list of the Safest Cities in America, and they weren’t just looking at crime rates.
- The site judged more than 180 cities across 44 key indicators of safety, in areas of home and community safety, natural disaster risk and financial safety.
- Such factors include things like assaults, thefts and hate crimes per capita, as well as unemployment and poverty rates, and more.
- So with all that, the city deemed the safest in the U.S. is Columbia, Maryland, which scored an 87.83 out of 100.
- Columbia ranks first for home and community safety, and in the Top 50 for financial safety.
- Pearl City, Hawaii is tops for financial safety, with Dover, Delaware ranked safest for natural disaster risk.
Ten Safest Cities In America
- Columbia, MD
- South Burlington, VT
- Nashua, NH
- Yonkers, NY
- Madison, WI
- Portland, ME
- Warwick, RI
- Raleigh, NC
- Burlington, VT
- Winston-Salem, NC
- As for the least safe city, that would be St. Louis, Missouri, which scores a 47.64, and comes in close to the bottom for community safety, and pretty low for financial safety as well.
Click here to see where your city falls on the list.