There are few things better than a good night’s sleep, but apparently a lot of folks aren’t getting one because of the breathing issues of the person sharing their bed. There are a lot of things that can cause folks to have issues sleeping, and, according to a new report, snoring is a major one.
A new Harris Poll, commissioned by nasal dilator manufacturer Mute, finds:
- Two-thirds of U.S. households have a snorer living with them.
- That translates to almost 79.5 million snorers in households across the country.
- And those snorers are a big issue, because many of them are really loud.
- In fact, 55% of those polled describe the snoring as worse than the sound of road construction.
- 57% have resorted to getting physical to stop the snoring, either nudging or shoving their sleeping snorer.
- And plenty just give up, with 44% of people sleeping in separate bedrooms because of their partner’s snoring.
- And it’s pretty apparent snorers know they have a problem and are embarrassed by it.
- This could be why 36% of single snorers looking to make a love connection say they would lie about their snoring on a dating app.