While some folks love the big city, and wouldn’t dream of living anywhere where there isn’t a restaurant on every corner and a Whole Foods down the block, there are some folks who prefer a quieter life in a small city. And if you’re one of those people, picking the right small city may be the key to a happy life.
- Well, WalletHub just came out with their list of the Best Small Cities in America.
- They looked at more than 1,300 U.S. cities with populations between 25K and 100K.
- They judged each city based on 43 key indicators of livability, in areas of affordability, economic health, education and health, quality of life and safety.
- Such factors include housing costs, school-system quality, restaurants per capita and more.
- Based on all of this, the site named Sammamish, Washington, as the Best Small City in the U.S.
- Sammamish is one of many cities that scored in the 99th percentile, earning a score of 72.55 out of 100.
Top Ten Best Small Cities in America
(click herefor the entire list)
- Sammamish, WA
- Carmel, IN
- Brentwood, TN
- Lexington, MA
- Reading, MA
- Zionsville, IN
- Portland, ME
- Milton, MA
- Melrose, MA
- Dublin, OH