A lot of folks love to be scared around Halloween, seeking out haunted mansions, and listening to ghost stories. But how many people would want to live with such spooks year-round? Well, more folks than you’d think.
A new Realtor.com survey finds, that if it means being able to afford their dream home:
- 30% of people would be willing to live with a friendly ghost.
- 20% would be okay living in a home where a murder took place.
- 17% would be totally okay with a haunted house.
- 46% would be fine with a haunted house if they could get it at a discount.
- And while cemeteries can be creepy, 30% of people would live next to one.
- Another 25% would have no issue living next door to a haunted house.
- Overall, 30% of people believe they’ve lived in a house that was haunted.
- 27% say they learned the house was haunted before moving in, while 73% only learned after
- Reasons they believed the house was haunted include:
- Strange noises (58%)
- The feel of certain rooms (44%)
- Shadows (42%)
- Feeling touched (37%)
- Pet behavior (37%)
- Items moving (35%)
- Hot/cold spots (34%)
- Ghost sightings (33%)
- Lights turning on/off (31%)
- Levitating objects (12%)