Now that Halloween is over it’s time to really start thinking about the holidays, and for a lot of parents, that means dreading traveling with their kids.
A new survey of parents with children five and under finds:
- 74% of families are planning to travel this holiday season.
- 71% of parents think the holiday season is the most challenging and stressful time to travel with kids.
- 52% of parents say traveling by car is the easiest mode of transportation with kids, followed by:
- Airplanes (13%)
- Busses (11%)
- Trains (10%)
- As for what makes car travel easier:
- 65% say it’s because they can travel on their own timeline
- 55% say it’s because they have more control over safety.
- 50% say it’s because they can have control over comfort.
- Of course, the best way to make holiday travel with children less stressful is to be fully prepared, which is why 80% plan every detail of their trip before they leave.
- Details they plan in advance include:
- Packing extra things (58%)
- Which snacks to pack in between meals (55%)
- Where to eat meals (54%)
- Best time of day to travel to maximize kids' comfort (52%)
- Checking car seat installation (47%)
- The number of pit-stops along the way (47%)