How attached are people to their pets? 80% of people in a new survey said they feel guilty for lying to their pets and 70% said they believe their pets “know” when they’re lying to them. And just how do they know their pets are on to them?
- 60% said their pets don’t want to be touched.
- 56% said their pets give them the “cold shoulder.”
- 55% said it’s the way their pet looks at them.
What else to pet owners feel guilty about?
- Leaving their pets home alone – 90%
- Not spending enough time with their pets – 59%
- When their pets are sick or hurt – 58%
- When they can’t take their pets on a walk – 54%
- Taking their pets off the couch/bed -- 53%
- Accidentally stepping on their pets -- 43%
- Not giving into their pets’ begging -- 24%