A report by United Van Lines claimed that Vermont is the state where the most people were moving to in 2021, but a new report by U-Haul disagrees.
- The truck rental company reports that Texas was actually the biggest growth state in 2021, reclaiming the number one spot it held from 2016-18.
- They made their determination by calculating the net gain of one-way U-Haul trucks entering the state, versus the amount leaving within the year.
- Arrivals of U-Haul trucks in Texas jumped 19% from 2020, with arrivals accounting for 50.2% of all one-way U-Haul traffic in 2021.
U-Haul’s Top Ten Growth States in 2021
(click herefor the complete list)
- South Carolina
- New Mexico
- Meanwhile, thecitywhere most people moved to was Kissimmee-St. Cloud, Florida, one of 10 Florida cities in the Top 25.
U-Haul’s Top 10 Growth Cities for 2021
- Kissimmee-St. Cloud, FL
- Raleigh-Durham, NC
- Palm Bay-Melbourne, FL
- North Port, FL
- Madison, WI
- Fort Myers-North Fort Myers, FL
- College Station-Bryan, TX
- Sacramento-Roseville, CA
- Clermont, FL
- Sarasota-Bradenton, FL