- Beginning this Saturday, January 15th, private health insurers will be required to cover the costs of up to eight at-home COVID tests per month for any American on their health plan.
- For example: got a family of five on your health insurance plan? Your family is eligible for 40 free at-home COVID tests a month.
- Americans can either get the tests for free under their insurance or get reimbursed after submitting receipts.
- Americans won't have to visit a doctor or get a prescription for the free COVID tests or pay a deductible or co-pay.
- Insurance companies can set up a preferred network of pharmacies and retailers.
- This new insurer requirement comes as the government also plans to mail out half a billion free at-home COVID tests.
Find out more here https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/10/politics/home-covid-tests-health-insurance/index.html