Anyone with kids will tell you there are a lot of things to consider when deciding where you want to raise your family. While a lot of people may stick to the state they grew up in, they may do better moving to another state entirely, and a new report reveals which ones they may want to consider.
- WalletHub looked at all 50 states in the U.S., judging them on 51 different factors to determine which are the best and worst states in the country to raise a family.
- They looked at key factors in areas of family fun, health and safety, education and childcare, affordability, and socioeconomics.
- Such factors include housing affordability, share of families with young children, quality of local schools, and healthcare, as well as if there are opportunities for fun and recreation.
- So, what state should you pick up and move to if you want to do the best by your fam?
- Massachusetts tops the list again this year with a score of 65.21.
- It ranks in the Top Ten in four areas – education and childcare (2), family fun (9) and health, safety (3) and affordability (2).
- When it comes to family fun, California tops the list, while Vermont is tops for health and safety and socioeconomics, New Jersey is number one for education and childcare, and Connecticut is tops for affordability.
Top Ten Best States To Raise A Family In the U.S.
- New York
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- New Jersey
- On the flipside, Mississippi is considered worst state in the U.S. to raise a family, with a total score of just 30.47, coming in dead last for health and safety, second to last for family fun, and in the bottom five for socioeconomics.
The Ten Worst States To Raise A Family In the U.S.
- New Mexico
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Click hereto see where your state falls on the list.