We are only a couple of weeks away from Valentine’s Day, when couples will celebrate their love in all sorts of ways. But while romantic movies will make you believe love is about fate and the universe and all that mushy stuff, apparently most folks believe it all comes down to choice.
A new YouGov poll finds:
- 64% of Americans believe love is a choice, with 17% disagreeing and 20% not sure.
- Older Americans are more likely to belive love is a choice, with 69% agreeing with that statement.
- Meanwhile, those 18 to 24 are least likely to believe love is a choice, with 52% saying it is and 22% saying it’s not.
And whether or not you are in a committed relationship has an effect on your thoughts on love.
- 72% of married people consider love a choice, as does…
- 61% of folks living together, but not married
- 58% of people in a serious relationship
- 52% of those in a casual relationship
- 59% of singles