Americans are sick of staying home, which is why there are a lot of folks planning vacations for 2022. So, what is motivating everyone to travel again?
A new ValuePenguin survey finds:
- 45% of Americans plan to travel more this year than last year.
- Most plan to take, on average, three vacations this year.
- The most common reasons why they’re traveling include:
- They feel safer because they are fully vaccinated (53%)
- They want to see friends and family they couldn’t due to the pandemic (41%)
- They want to make up for lost time (41%)
- But not everyone is ready to get back out there. The top reasons folks aren’t traveling include:
- Worries about COVID-19 variants (51%)
- Saving money for other things (37%)
- Inflation is making travel more expensive (28%)
- Traveling is too complicated these days (14%)
- Just not interested (12%)
For those who are traveling, many are ready to splurge on their trips.
- In fact, 53% of people say they will spend $3,000 or more on vacation.
- Only 39% spent that last year.
- As for the types of trips people will be taking, they include:
- Family vacation (52%)
- Visiting loved ones (33%)
- Vacation with friends (26%)
- Romantic getaway (20%)
- Bucket list trip (19%)
- Celebrating a life event (16%)
- Holiday celebration (14%)
- International trip (14%)