Lots of people love a cocktail and the folks at Guilty Eats have compiled their list of the favorite cocktail in every state (and in case you want to make it – the ingredients, too!). Here’s a sampling – if you don’t see your state, find it HERE.
- Alabama – Bellini is the pick for this state, a combination of fruit puree, usually peach or can be anything you like with Prosecco or Champagne.
- California – The Paloma contains salt, grapefruit, lime juice, sugar, tequila and club soda.
- Florida – Pina Colada: Made with pineapple, ice, pineapple juice, coconut cream and white and dark rum…this is an obvious choice for the tropical state.
- Hawaii – Mai Tai: White rum, orange curacao, lime juice, orgeat and dark rum. Also commonly served inside of a pineapple.
- Illinois – Margarita: This was invented by a Texan, but can be made frozen or on the rocks with tequila, lime juice and Cointreau and any other combination of fruit that you can think of.
- Iowa – Fuzzy Navel: This is a simple one to make – it only contains orange juice and peach schnapps.
- Kentucky – Mint Julep: A signature drink of the Kentucky Derby that is made with bourbon, mint leaves, water and simple syrup.
- Lousiana – Daiquiri: A frozen drink made with light rum, lime juice and demerara syrup and in this state you can even get these at drive thrus!
- New Jersey – Long Island Iced Tea – this one is not for the faint of heart as it contains rum, tequila, gin, triple sec, sweet and sour mix, cola and a slice of lemon and if made properly really does taste like iced tea.
- South Carolina – Gin Fizz: Kind of an adult lemonade…it’s made with gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, club soda and egg whites to give it the fizz.
- Texas – Mojito. A drink that has become very popular lately made with ice, mint, lime, sugar, white rum and club soda.
Source: Guilty Eats