While some people may call it nonsense, there are plenty of people who believe the horoscopes they read in the papers. But have you ever wondered how many people actually believe that the position of the stars and planets influence people’s lives? Well, a new poll set out to find out.
A new YouGov survey fins:
- 27% of U.S. adults say they believe in astrology.
- 51% say they don’t believe in what the stars have to say, while 22% are unsure.
- Younger adults are more likely to believe, with 37% of adults under 30 believing in the stars, followed by:
- 30 to 44-year-olds (33%)
- 45 to 64-year-olds (22%)
- 65 and older (16%)
- Women are more likely than men to believe in astrology (30% vs. 25%).
- But men 18 to 44 are slightly more likely than women in the same age group to believe (38% vs. 32%).
But even though not many believe in astrology, it seems most people at least know their sign.
- When offered the 12 astrological signs as options, 90% knew what their astrological sign was.
- Interestingly, while those under 30 are more likely to believe in astrology, they are also less likely to know their sign.
- In fact, only 84% in that age group knew their sign, compared to 94% of those 45 and older.
- Women are also more likely than men to know their sign (92% vs. 87%).
For the full story, Click HERE