Sex is an important part of most women’s lives, and while some may think sex drive decreases as you get older, a new survey suggests that’s not necessarily the case.
A new poll of women ages 40 to 60 by Scarlet Society finds:
- Women are spending 24% of their day thinking about sex.
- Sadly though, only 27% of women say they are truly satisfied with their sex life.
- Some of the top reasons they are unsatisfied include:
- Being too tired (57%)
- Lack of interest in sex (31%)
- Vaginal dryness (28%)
- So, what are the best ways to improve your sex life after 40?
- Well, 60% of women say the best way for that to happen is to accept the natural changes in your body.
- 58% say it’s important to let your needs be known.
- 54% say it’s being confident.
- Expressing what you want is important, with 55% of women saying they have no problem discussing their sexual needs with their partner, and only 26% keeping things to themselves.
- And that certainly seems to be working for some...
- 36% of women in their 40s say they’re having the best sex of their lives right now.
- Although 47% of women in their 50s say they had their most satisfying sex in their 30s.
- ONE MORE THING! As for where women in their 40s to 60s are most sexually satisfied, the survey finds it’s in the Southeast where 29% of women in that age group are sexually satisfied. That’s followed by women in the:
- Southwest (22%)
- Midwest (19%)
- Northeast (19%)
- West (18%)
Source: Business Insider