Millennials currently make up the largest generation with about 80 million of them and all those mid-20 to early 40-somethings need a place to live. So, which states are best suited for this often looked down upon generation?
- Well, WalletHub has come out with their annual list of the Best and Worst States for Millennials.
- They judged the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 34 key metrics in areas of Affordability, Education & Health, Quality of Life, Economic Health and Civic Engagement.
- With that in mind, Washington was once again named the best state for Millennials, earning a score of 67.45.
- It lands at two for quality of life, three for economic health, and in the Top 10 for affordability and civic engagement.
- District of Columbia, second overall, is tops for quality of life, Missouri is number one for affordability, Hawaii is tops for education & health, Utah is tops for economic health and Wisconsin is tops for civic engagement.
Top 10 Best States for Millennials
- District of Columbia
- As for the worst state for Millennials, that would be Mississippi, which scores a 34.94 out of 100 and comes in dead last for economic health and second to last for quality of life.
10 Worst States for Millennials
- West Virginia
- New Mexico
- South Carolina
Click here to see where your state falls on the list.