When it comes to eating, everyone has different tastes, and what some folks think is delicious others may find gross. But for some, there are just things you don’t ever, ever do to food, and now those folks are sharing what they find simply unacceptable.
It all started when someone on Reddit posed the question “What is considered a crime against food?" and lots of people had thoughts.
- “I once watched a guy order a $190 Tomahawk Rib Eye at a restaurant, cooked medium well (which is almost a crime right there), and then ask for a bottle of A1 steak sauce. He slathered this gorgeous steak in that heinous sauce. That's a crime as far as I'm concerned.”
- "My younger sister used to eat pancakes with ranch dressing. My mom just accepted it because she was such a picky eater, and this was something she just thoroughly enjoyed."
- "Using ketchup as a base for pizza or pasta sauce."
- "I'm a waiter, and I once witnessed a woman order salmon with a slice of American cheese on top. I had to ask her to repeat herself because her request wasn’t computing in my brain."
- “The gelatin-in-everything trend from the '50s. Got some leftovers? Put it in jello! Fold in some mayonnaise so it's slightly opaque! Just open up whatever canned food you have in the house like pineapple, corn, and olives, and layer them all into a mold shaped like a fish."
- “My wife likes to make crunchy peanut butter and bologna sandwiches with cheese. Sometimes she even adds mayo."
- “Using a donut as a hamburger bun. I've seen it. Good god, people."
- "My roommate puts applesauce on anything. Tacos, fish, spaghetti, steak, burgers, you name it, and he will put it into a bowl of applesauce. It's horrifying."
- "A friend of mine used to take two Pop Tarts and a chicken patty and make a sandwich out of them. True story."
- “Biting into a Kit Kat without separating the two candy bars."