We all know that it’s not smart to get behind the wheel when you’ve been drinking, but that doesn’t stop a lot of people from doing it. Drunk driving is still a big problem in the U.S. and there are certainly some cities where it’s a bigger issue than others.
- BuyAutoInsurance.com has come out with their list of the Worst Cities for Drunk Driving.
- They note that alcohol-related crashes make up 28% of the total crashes in the U.S. each year.
- Over 10,000 people die each year in crashes related to drunk driving.
- The worst city for drunk driving is Las Vegas, where there are 1,986 drunk driving arrests per 100,000 residents, with an average of 4,311 arrests each year.
- Texas also seems particularly bad when it comes to drunk driving, with four of the Top Five cities in Texas.
Top 10 Worst Cities For Drunk Driving
- Las Vegas, NV
- Austin, TX
- El Paso, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Houston, TX
- Tucson, AZ
- Albuquerque, NM
- Indianapolis, IN
- Fresno, CA
- Oklahoma City, OK