Thanksgiving is fast approaching and the folks at Real Simple have come up with 9 Trader Joe’s items that can save you hours of preparation in the kitchen if you are up against a deadline. Here’s the list:
- Everything But The Leftovers Seasoning Blend– Instead of chopping herbs and trying to find spices in your cabinet, use this blend of dehydrated onion, sea salt, black pepper, turmeric powder, dried celery sees, ground sage, rosemary powder, dried thyme and dried parsley. It’s good for adding flavor to stuffing, roasted vegetable and turkey as well.
- Brined Bone-In Half Turkey Breast Fully Cooked– The full turkey breast is marinated in a brine of salt, sugar, black pepper and garlic-herb butter and the half breast is seared and cooked sous-vide. All you need to do is to heat it in the oven for 40 minutes and serve.
- Mashed Potatoes – Instead of boiling and peeling potatoes, use these frozen ones that are just as buttery and creamy as the real ones – you might fool some of your guests by telling them they are homemade!
- Gourmet Fried Onion Pieces – These are Dutch yellow onions fried in vegetable oil to top off a green bean casserole, mashed potatoes or an addition to a leftover turkey sandwich.
- Turkey Gravy – This is a boxed gravy with herb flavor and is ready in minutes and a solid time-saving substitute from making gravy from turkey drippings.
- Fresh Cranberry Sauce – If you don’t liked canned cranberry sauce, this is made from whole cranberries and you can add orange zest or chopped nuts or both to elevate the dish.
- Turkey Stock – Instead of spending hours simmering the ingredients to make stock, this boxed stock will save you lots of time and effort and do the trick just as well.
- Pie Crusts – TJ’s frozen pie crusts are light, crisp and buttery and will save you the trouble of making crusts from scratch. They taste great and require minimal cleanup.
- Butter Quarters, Salted – These are smaller in size and easier to manage and soften to make your cooking and baking easier and more accurate.
Source: Real Simple