The most popular side order at most fast-food restaurants is french fries, but there are many interesting alternatives that are different and unique. EatThis,NotThat! has come up with 11 that you may want to check out.
- Carl’s Jr. – Fried Zucchini – breaded and deep-fried zucchini rounds with dipping sauce make a good choice.
- A&W – Cheese Curds – cheese curds are small pieces of curdled milk with a cheddar-like flavor, and A&W breads and fries them to perfection.
- Church’s Chicken – Fried Okra – Church’s has a good recipe for this vegetable that is a Southern favorite.
- Chick-fil-A – Kale Crunch Salad – made with shredded kale and cabbage with light vinaigrette dressing, it’s a healthy side order that doesn’t involve any frying at all.
- Sonic – BBQ Chip Seasoned Tots – these are tangy tots with the flavor of barbecue potato chips and Sonic also has basic tots and tots covered in chili and cheese.
- Smashburger – Crispy Brussel Sprouts – this chain fries its sprouts and even though they are tasty they aren’t the healthiest choice with 21 grams of fat, 13 of them saturated.
- Burger King – Chicken Fries – a side providing high protein content, BK’s Chicken Fries also are available as Spicy Chicken Fries for a limited time that is good with ranch dressing for dipping.
- Wingstop – Cajun Fried Corn – this side is corn still on the cob cut into small discs making it an ideal flavorful finger food.
- Jack In the Box – Egg Roll – made with pork, cabbage, carrots, onions, and spices then wrapped and fried similar to what you find at any Chinese restaurant.
- Wendy’s – Baked Potato – is one of very few chains to offer baked potatoes, they are cooked in a microwave and come in cheesy and chili and cheese-covered varieties.
- Taco Bell – Cinnabon Delights – balls of dough filled with sugary icing and deep-fried, these are “dessert, disguised as breakfast, disguised as dessert” according to the chain. They also offer Cinnamon Twists which are a lighter choice.