Parenting can be challenging and moms and dads of toddlers experience a lot of those challenges on a regular basis. According to a new survey of 2-thousand parents with kids under four, they have a disagreement with their little one every other day. And that’s part of what leads to them compromising with their kid an average of four times a week.
The survey finds:
- There are some areas of parenting these moms and dads claim to have mastered already, including bath time (61%), bedtime routines (59%) morning routines (58%) and snuggling and bonding time (58%).
- Temper tantrums come with the territory when you have a toddler and 74% of respondents say their kid has thrown at least one in the last month. But the survey finds the average kid throws around four a week.
- Parents know they’re not perfect and 76% admit they’ve made mistakes. Moms are more likely to feel guilty when they make a mistake (59% of moms versus 44% of dads).
The poll also reveals some differences in the strengths of moms and dads:
- Moms are more likely than dads to be experts at bedtime (59% versus 48%)
- Dads tend to bargain more over bath time than moms (37% versus 28%)
- Moms are more likely to take bath time duty, with 71% saying they do it most of the time, compared to just 24% of dads.
- Fathers are slightly better at managing tantrums than mothers (45% versus 42%)
Source: SWNS Digital