The folks from delish have compiled a ranking of chain restaurant French fries to help make your choice a little easier. Here’s a list of their favorites in no particular order (hint – McDonald’s fries are still #1).
- Chick-fil-A – this chain’s Waffle-cut potatoes are fried in canola oil, lightly salted, and are crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside.
- Popeyes – their Cajun fries are specially seasoned to set them apart from other chains.
- Arby’s – Arby’s offers crinkle-cut basic fries and curly seasoned fries. They also sell packages of seasoned curly fries in your grocer’s frozen food aisle.
- Taco Bell – their Nacho Fries are seasoned and served with nacho cheese dipping sauce and are a favorite of customers.
- Wendy’s – Wendy’s serves natural-cut, skin-on fries that are lightly salted. They also offer cheese fries, chili cheese fries, and Baconator fries if you are looking for something extra.
- Checker’s/Rally’s -famous for their seasoned fries, they are crispy and crunchy with some added pepper and they can also be ordered with bacon, cheese, chili, and/or ranch dressing. You can also find them in your grocer’s freezer aisle.
- McDonald’s – the gold standard for chain restaurant fries is still McDonald’s, made with premium potatoes that come out crispy and golden on the outside and fluffy on the inside.