Americans consume many of their meals at fast food chains with an almost unlimited choice of options but some are more popular than others and PriceListo conducted a study to see which restaurants are the most searched. The results may surprise you – here are the 5 that they found as the most searched which also translates into the most popular fast food establishments in the country.
- McDonald’s – it is the most searched-for and most popular fast food chain with 14,879,233 searches per month and the most popular restaurant in 22 states. There are 13,515 Mickey D’s locations and with iconic items like the Big Mac and their French fries, it’s not a surprise that they came in at #1.
- Domino’s – somewhat surprising, Domino’s came in at #2 with 11,638,991 searches every month and was the most searched for in 14 states including Louisiana, Arkansas, and Vermont. There are 6,708 Domino’s locations throughout the U.S. and their menu includes a variety of pizzas and crusts to choose from.
- Chick-fil-A – with 2,909 locations, Chick-fil-A is the most searched-for fast food place in seven states including Texas, Delaware, and Virginia. It’s also the second and third most searched-for chain in other states and their most popular items are the Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich and the Chick-fil-A Nuggets.
- Starbucks – this one may be a surprise because many people don’t consider Starbucks to be a fast food chain, but they have more than 15,000 locations and get 13,693,050 searches per month. It’s the most popular search in six states that include Colorado, California, and New York.
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s – Pizza Hut gets 9,110,850 searches per month and Papa John’s checks in with 5,446,094. There are 6,862 Pizza Hut locations and 3,122 Papa John’s stores so it makes these two basically tied on this list. Pizza Hut is number one in Kansas and Papa John’s is number one in Kentucky, so it shows that pizza in the U.S. remains a major player in fast food popularity.
Source: Guilty Eats