Now that schools and colleges are out for summer break, young people across the country will be looking for ways to make some money. It turns out, where they live and look for a summer job can make a big difference in how easy it will be to find one. And a new report from WalletHub reveals where the best places to get hired for the season are.
- They compared 182 cities in the U.S. to figure out where young people have the best chance of finding a summer job.
- They ranked them in 21 key indicators of employment, in two main areas: Youth Job Market and Social Environment and Affordability.
- These include things like availability of summer jobs and the population of those between the ages of 16 and 24.
- Orlando, Florida, tops the list as the best place to find a summer job, for the second year in a row.
- Warwick, Rhode Island, fourth overall, comes in first for Youth Job Market, while San Francisco is number one for Social Environment and Affordability.
- As for where it will be hardest to get a summer gig, that’s Jackson, Mississippi, which comes in dead last overall and at the bottom for Youth Job Market.
In case you're wondering...Albuquerque made the list at #69...it's the Top half...we consider that an absolute victory.
The Top 10 Places to Find A Summer Job in 2023
(Check out the full list here)
- Orlando, Florida
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Juneau, Alaska
- Warwick, Rhode Island
- Rapid City, South Dakota
- Columbia, Maryland
- Portland, Maine
- Pearl City, Hawaii
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Minneapolis, Minnesota