To truly love where you live depends on a lot of variables. Career opportunities and affordability are important, but crime rates and your daily commute matter, too. While we all have our own opinions, new research from “U.S. News & World Report” reveals the best U.S. cities for quality of life.
- They rated the 150 most populated metro areas in six categories related to aspects of a top-notch place to live.
- These include crime rates, quality of education, the job market and how much people actually want to live there.
- Based on all of those factors, New York City tops the list as the best place to live for quality of life in 2023.
- The largest metro area in the country does have a high cost of living, but it also offers a lot that make people love to live there.
- New York City ranks number one for proximity to quality health care and sixth for well-being, but it also has the worst traffic out of all 150 metro areas studied.
The Best Places to Live for Quality of Life in 2023
- New York City
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky
- New Haven, Connecticut
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Manchester, New Hampshire
- Syracuse, New York
- Naples, Florida
- Albany, New York
- Worcester, Massachusetts
Source: U.S. News & World Report