With less than a week to go until the July 4th holiday, people across the country are planning their festivities, BBQs and fireworks. While you can have fun anywhere, a new report reveals where the best places to celebrate Independence Day are.
- WalletHub has just released their annual list of the Best and Worst Places to celebrate the Fourth of July.
- They compared the 100 largest U.S. cities across 18 key metrics, in the categories of celebrations, affordability, attractions & activities, safety & accessibility and weather.
- The cities were rated on everything from the legality of fireworks to average beer and wine prices.
- Los Angeles comes in first, making it the best place to celebrate the holiday.
- The California city is number one for celebrations, while San Francisco is first for attractions & activities, as well as weather.
- At the bottom of the list is Birmingham, Alabama, making it the worst place to celebrate the Fourth. It’s dead last for weather and second to last for safety & accessibility.
Top 10 Best Places to Celebrate the Fourth of July
(Check out where your city falls on the list here)
- Los Angeles, California
- San Francisco, California
- New York, New York
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Seattle, Washington
- San Diego, California
- Orlando, Florida
- Dallas, Texas
- San Antonio, Texas
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The 10 Worst Places to Celebrate the Fourth of July
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Durham, North Carolina
- Hialeah, Florida
- Memphis, Tennessee
- San Bernardino, California
- Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Wichita, Kansas