Ice cream is the sweetest way to cool off on a hot summer day, and while almost all ice cream is good, some places make it better than others. With National Ice Cream Day coming up on July 16th, Yelp is here to help us find the best. They’ve just released their second annual list of the Top U.S. Ice Cream Shops.
- Yelp bases their list on customer reviews and ratings and these places are all about going above and beyond with unique flavors and crazy toppings.
- This year’s number one is Coneflower Creamery in Omaha, Nebraska. They’re well known for their “farm-to-cone” experience that offers just-picked seasonal flavors like Sun-Ripened Strawberry and Sweet Corn. Everything in this shop is made-in-house, even their sprinkles.
- Yelp has also identified the ice cream trends fans are raving about in 2023. Ube, a purple yam, is popular with ice cream shops across the country, and so are vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free options. Mexican “popsicles” called paletas are also being offered at more shops. Fun ways to enjoy ice cream aside from cones include having it tucked inside a sno-ball, getting it layered with Italian ice and even air-fried ice cream, all of which you can find at shops on this list.
Yelp’s Top 10 Ice Cream Shops for 2023
- Coneflower Creamery, Omaha, Nebraska
- Let’s Chill Homemade Ice Cream, Coral Springs, Florida
- I Scream Ice Cream, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- La Paleta, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fluffy’s Sno-Balls, Long Beach, California
- Moo Moo Cows, Baltimore, Maryland
- Tricycle Ice Cream, Providence, Rhode Island
- Meadowlark Dairy, Pleasanton, California
- Confetti Italian Ice & Custard, Costa Mesa, California
- Mitchell’s Ice Cream, San Francisco, California