Do you have trouble sleeping because you’re often lying in bed stressing about what you might have forgotten to do today? A lot of us do, and it turns out, Google Assistant’s “Bedtime” routine may help. It can be set up to do several things automatically, from turning down the lights to reminding you what tasks you didn’t get done today.
To set it up:
- Go to your Google Home app on your mobile device, then tap “Automations.”
- Scroll to the “Bedtime” automation and tap on it.
- Under “Starters,” you can change the phrase you say to Google to activate the automation, like “Goodnight,” or you set it to go at the same time every night.
- Under “Actions” you can add the automations you want Google to do. Then hit “Save.”
The features Google’s “Bedtime” can help you with include:
- Adjust your home smart devices - It can turn off all the lights for you if you’d rather wait until you’re in bed to make it dark. It can also adjust any of your home smart devices, from lighting to smart A/Cs to checking if the doors are locked.
- Get you set up for the next day - Google can remind you what you didn’t finish off your task list, you can add tasks, and even have Assistant access your calendar to tell you what your day looks like tomorrow. You can also check the weather and set an alarm to wake you up once, or every morning.
- Help you fall asleep - Assistant can play white noise, nature sounds, specific music from your playlists for a set amount of time, or you can listen to the news or a podcast. Google can also sing you a song, or give you a compliment, and who doesn’t like those?