Whether you hit the drive thru every day or get a quick and convenient bite to eat when you’re on a road trip, fast food definitely has its appeal. We all have our own favorite chains and menu items, but a new report reveals some of America’s favorites.
The results of the 2023 USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards for fast food are in. To come up with the list, 10Best editors and a panel of fast food experts nominated their top picks for fast food and quick service spots in 10 different categories. Readers then voted to choose their favorites and these are the winners.
- Best Fast Food Breakfast - Biscuitville. This regional chain is in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina and along with their biscuits, including their Spicy Chicken & Jalapeño Pimento Cheese Biscuit, they’re known for their grits, hash browns, country gravy and their cheesecake stuffed waffle.
- Best Fast Food Burger - BBQ Rodeo Burger at BurgerFi. It’s made with charred jalapeños, pepper jack cheese, crispy haystack onions and Memphis sweet BBQ sauce on two natural Angus beef patties.
- Best Fast Food Fried Chicken - Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken. It’s honey-dipped, hand-breaded in a blend of herbs and spices, then pressure cooked.
- Best Fast Food Fries - McDonald’s. People really love these fries, but what makes them stand out? Maybe it’s the beef flavoring that’s mixed in the oil.
- Best Fast Food Restaurant - Chick-fil-A. From the chicken sandwiches to the waffle fries, this chain is a fan favorite.
- Best Fast Food Sides - Fried okra at Golden Chick. This Southern-style side dish is made of breaded and deep-fried okra, which has a crunchy exterior people can’t get enough of.
- Best Late Night Fast Food - Krystal. This chain is known for their small, square-shaped “Krystals” burgers, but late night dining can also include their loaded fries and tots, pups (snack-sized hot dogs) and glaze bombs.
- Best Regional Fast Food - Biscuitville. The North Carolina-based chain specializes in Southern food and also wins the breakfast category, which may be thanks to the biscuits being baked fresh every 15 minutes.
- Best Restaurant for Quick, Healthy Food - Jason’s Deli. They offer vegetarian and gluten-sensitive menus, as well as soups, salads, sandwiches, pasta and potatoes.
- Best Sandwich or Sub Shop - PrimoHoagies. Their menu features 10 sandwich categories to pick from, including Italian Classics, Philly Cheesesteaks and Meatless.