Homebuyers are more eager than ever to move to a new city, according to new research. A study from Redfin finds that a record 25.5% of their users looked into moving to a different metro area of the U.S. in the second quarter of this year.
- That’s up from 23% last year and 19% before the pandemic.
- The real estate company’s report is based on the searches of around 2-million of its users in more than 100 different metro areas.
- They found more people want to leave San Francisco, New York and Los Angeles more than any other major cities as they search for more affordable areas.
- Las Vegas tops the list as the most popular destination for homebuyers.
- The typical home there costs less than half as much as one in L.A., San Francisco or Seattle, the most common cities those looking to move live in.
- Phoenix and Tampa are the next most popular destinations, as both are more affordable than other major cities people are looking to leave.
- Many of the desired locations have warm weather and low house prices, and five of the top 10 in-demand locations are in Florida.
Top 10 Metros Homebuyers Are Moving Into, According to Redfin
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tampa, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- Sacramento, California
- North Port-Sarasota, Florida
- Cape Coral, Florida
- Dallas, Texas
- Miami, Florida
- Houston, Texas
Source: Business Insider