When you’re planning a getaway, your accommodations can make or break the trip. Where you stay isn’t just about a good place to sleep, the amenities, activities and dining options are important to the overall experience. A new report from 10Best reveals the best hotels and resorts in the U.S.
- To come up with the list, first a panel of hotel and travel experts nominate their top picks.
- Then 10Best readers vote for their favorites in eight different categories to choose the winners.
This year’s winners are:
Best All-Inclusive Resort - The Resort at Paws Up in Greenough, Montana
- It sits on a 37-thousand-acre working cattle ranch and includes accommodations from luxe private homes to glamping sites. The resort’s experiences include horseback riding, fly fishing and an authentic Montana ranch activity.
Best Bed and Breakfast - C.W. Worth House Bed & Breakfast in Wilmington, North Carolina
- This Queen Anne-style B&B has just seven rooms, so guests can enjoy a cozy feel. There’s a farm-to-table breakfast every morning and it’s located within walking distance to downtown and the Wilmington Riverwalk.
Best Boutique Hotel - Beaufort Hotel NC in Beaufort, North Carolina
- Guests can enjoy walking tours, bird watching and scuba diving, among other adventures. The hotel’s sustainability practices, as well as their rooms with waterfront views, are some of the top features appreciated by those who stay here.
Best Destination Resort - Acqualina Resort & Residences on the Beach in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
- This Florida Riviera resort features a large beachfront and guests love the spa access and a marine biology-based program for kids. The three oceanfront pools and stunning views also get top ratings.
Best Family Resort - Woodloch Resort in Hawley, Pennsylvania
- Located in the Pocono Mountains, the resort includes accommodations from single rooms to vacation rental homes. They offer all-inclusive family dining and amenities like a rock-climbing wall, go-karts and snow tubing in the winter.
Best Historic Hotel - Historic Hotel Bethlehem in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Here guests can learn about the hotel’s history, which dates back to 1741. Today it features modern amenities and it’s located in the heart of Moravian Bethlehem.
Best Luxury Hotel Brand - Salamander Collection
- This group includes properties in Jamaica, Anguilla, Washington, D.C., Charleston, and Aspen, Colorado, and offers one-of-a-kind getaways. Guests can enjoy fine dining, luxury amenities, equestrian events and golf.
Best Waterfront Hotel - Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica, California
- The coastal hotel gets its name from their Louvered doors that open onto the Pacific or garden views. Concierges are there to take care of every desire, including providing surfboards to guests who want to try to catch a wave.
Source: USA Today