There are dog lovers everywhere, but some places make it easier to give your dog the best life possible. A new report reveals where those are, just in time for National Dog Day, which is coming up on Saturday (August 26th).
- LawnStarter’s annual ranking of the Best Cities for Dog Lovers has just come out.
- They looked at the 200 biggest U.S. cities, comparing them in 28 indicators of puppy love, including access to dog-friendly housing and affordability of canine services.
- For the second year in a row, Orlando, Florida tops the list as the Best City for Dog Lovers.
- In 2023, it’s number one in the care category, and it’s also home to more pet groomers and dog boarding options than any other city on the list.
Top 10 Best Cities for Dog Lovers in 2023
(Check out the complete list here)
- Orlando, Florida
- Tampa, Florida
- Alexandria, Virginia
- Austin, Texas
- Richmond, Virginia
- San Diego, California
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Miami, Florida
More tidbits from the report …
- San Francisco is the most dog-walking friendly city
- Alexandria, Virginia has the most dog parks per 100-thousand residents
- New York City has the most dog-friendly restaurants