No matter where you’re from, you have an accent, even if you don’t hear it yourself. Some accents are strong and heavy, while others are so slight, they’re easy to miss. A new survey asks 1-thousand Americans how they feel about different accents from around the world.
According to the poll:
- The most annoying accent is Boston, followed by New York, then the Mid-Atlantic.
- Canadian tops the list for funniest accent, with Scottish in second, then Australian.
- Boston also comes in first for most assertive accent, followed by German, then Welsh.
- The most boring, as well as the most calming accent is Canadian.
- Americans think the most intelligent accents are London, German and Brummie - which is from Birmingham, England.
- The most laid-back accents are all American, Mid-Atlantic is first, followed by Southern and Midwestern in third.
- The most beautiful accent is French, the most charming is Scottish, while French wins for both most romantic and most seductive.
- Australian is the most attractive accent, followed by Scottish, London, Irish, French and Italian.
- The actors with the most enjoyable accents are Sean Connery (35%), Liam Neeson (34%) and Matthew McConaughey (33%).
- Americans say the actors with the most difficult accents to understand are Arnold Schwarzenegger (37%), Sofia Vergara (29%) and Sylvester Stallone (28%).