It’s important to like your job, since you’re going to be spending so many hours of your life there. But have you ever wondered which jobs make people the happiest? New research from BambooHR reveals the industries with the happiest workers in the world and they won’t be found sitting at a desk crunching numbers.
- The HR software company analyzed data from over 57-thousand employees at more than 16-hundred companies around the world between January 2020 and June 2023.
- Their analysis reveals that construction workers have the highest levels of self-reported happiness of any major industry category.
- In general, employee happiness has fluctuated over the past three years, but happiness scores of construction workers have been consistently high.
- The report notes that this is a result of rising wages and plenty of job opportunities.
- Hourly wages for construction workers reached a 40-year high in 2022, according to the Associated General Contractors of America, one of the largest construction trade associations in the U.S.
Industries with the Happiest Workers in the U.S.
- Restaurants & Food and Beverage
- Travel and Hospitality