Today is National Pizza Day
Did you know ...
- $38 billion worth of pizzas are sold every year in the U.S.
- 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year
- Americans eat 350 slices of pizza per second
- 13% of Americans eat pizza on any given day
- 93% of Americans have at least one slice of pizza per month
- The average American eats more than 23 pounds of pizza a year
- Roughly 17% of males between the ages of 2 and 39 eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on any given day
- 251.7 million pounds of pepperoni are consumed every year in the U.S. just from pizza
- Common pizza toppings in Japan include squid and mayo
Photo: Getty Images