Thanks to the COVID vaccines there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel with the pandemic, which means folks may start heading back to the office soon. But it turns out, a lot of workers aren’t really ready to return.
A new Robert Half poll finds:
- 34% of people who’ve been working remotely due to the pandemic say they’d look for a new job if they had to go back in the office full time.
- When it comes to the most desired work arrangement:
- 49% of workers say they’d prefer a hybrid work arrangement that would allow them to divide their time between home and the office.
- 26% would prefer to be fully remote.
- 25% want to be in the office full time.
As or why many employees don’t want to be fully remote, folks say:
- Relationships with coworkers could suffer (28%)
- Decreased productivity while at home (26%)
- Fewer career advancement opportunities due to a lack of visibility (20%)
But there are some things that could entice workers back to the office. Professionals say their office could show them support by:
- Giving them freedom to set preferred office hours
- Offering a personal, distraction-free workspace
- Offering employer-paid commuting costs
- Relaxing the office dress code
- Offering employer-provided childcare
Source: Robert Half
Photo: Getty Images