For many people food plays an important role in their search for love, whether it’s going out on dates to restaurants, or even the type of person they are looking for. Well, now a new survey reveals just how important food is to finding "the one."
Commissioned by French bakery experts St Pierre and conducted by OnePoll, the study found....
- 50% of folks say a first date should always involve a meal.
- But, most folks say it takes at least four dates before they’d be willing to eat a risky meal in front of a potential mate.
- Meals considered safe for a first date include:
- Ice cream
- Roast dinner
- Chicken wings
- Stir Fry
- Chocolate brownie
- But food most folks agree should be avoided on a first date include:
- Tuna steak
- Corn on the cob
And there are some things to watch out for if you’re hoping to make a good first impression on a date that includes food.
- 45% of people say they judge dates on the way they eat their food, like whether they eat loudly, etc.
- 41% judge a date by what food they order.
- 40% judge someone if they ask for a “doggy bag” for leftovers.
- 13% of people would be annoyed if a date tried to steal food from their plate.
But where and what you eat isn’t the only way food comes in to play while dating.
- In fact, 40% of people say they are specifically looking for a mate who is passionate about food.
- 43% say a good cook is a turn on when it comes to finding a partner.
- While another 38% say fussy eaters are a total turn off.
Photo: Getty Images